- Creation of a roadmap for circular and sharing economy
- By 2050 the city should operate in a carbon-neutral circular economy
- Main targets are: Construcition, Procurements, Green waste, Sharing economy.
The realization of the roadmap will require additional resources for things such as putting the actions into practice, monitoring, staff training, the reports needed for the actions, and the planning and implementation of various pilots and new procedures.
The desired impacts for this project include support for the criteria development, supportive information systems to make goods and services lifecycle analysis more feasible and to add post-operational metrics to the procurement process.
More-on, the project could help to develop and add-on the relevant information, use case reflecting and other useful to the procurement processes CE dimension. CircularPSP should also support and non-overlap existing systems and solutions but make possible cross-linking and enhance decision making data and informatics.
Artificial Intelligence, one of the key-focus-areas of Finland, should bring added value in terms of pre-information and decision support data for the reach of procurers. The information of use cases could highly ease pilots and following EU level successful practices and methodology too. One of the strategies include applying metrics on all sustainable achievements. CircularPSP could also help in development of new approaches to measurements and metrics. Finally, all innovation projects will someway bring added value and inspiration to relevant sectors naturally.
- Population: 658 457 inhabitants (Helsinki Region 1 536 139)
- National GDP: € 253 billion (€54k/inhabitant)
- Helsinki’s annual procurement volume approx. €4 billion
- Green Deal agreements for emission-free construction sites signed 2020
- Fairtrade City since 2013.