City Network Sweden
To promote and support local authorities and regions in the transition to circular economy.
- Lack of time
- Scarce economic funds
- Lack of knowledge
By compiling experiences, resources, measurement methods and evidence for local authorities and regions to have better basis for decision and tools for circular procurement.
- Sweden population: 10 million
- National GDP: €490 billion
- Innovative and low-carbon economy
- Large public procurement budget at €77 billion
- The Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions (SKR) represents local government in Sweden, to which all municipalities and regions are members.
- The Swedish municipalities and regions employ approximately 1.2 million people.